Monday, July 25, 2016

Goth Monday--How do you Define the 'new' Goth Genre?

Good day,

It's Goth Monday!

While scanning websites I located so interesting material.

Wikihow.com gives instructions on 'how to write Gothic Fiction;.http://www.wikihow.com/Write-Gothic-Fiction

Have you read this article? Do you agree?  Disagree?  Is there a template of excellent fiction?
I believe the elements in each genre are what a reader is hungry for.  However, the storyline, can never be developed from a template.

What about the genre itself?

Has the genre evolved since "Dracula" and "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" was written? Or, in your opinion, has it spun into an entirely 'un-gothic direction?

Is "American Gothic" the new Gothic?

Top Ten Gothic Films  Agree?

Worst Gothic Films  I liked 'Mary Reilly'.  Even though I am not a Julia Roberts fan, I found the take on the story very thought provoking.  I also felt that"Lady Frankenstein", it was a little disturbing (I have difficulty with Frankenstein and the abandonment issue evolving around of Victor and the Monster, anyway). However, I didn't think is should be on this list.

Readers, what are you thoughts?

Connie













No comments:

Post a Comment